Monday, March 1, 2010

Adderall is Icky

That is my initial impression. So far I have experienced, pressured speech, intense mania, jitters and vomiting. I just spent an hour typing out a blog that I realize is contrived and forced. So, I'm not posting it. The thing is, I think that this medication is on the right track. I do feel better now. Tired, but better. That could just be the mono. I am going to ride this out for a month to see what it does for me. I may just need to adjust. And it wouldn't be fair to judge it fully until the mono actually goes away.

Don't fret about the vomiting. I have a feeling I am going to experience the decreased appetite side effect. When I was younger if I tried to make myself eat when I wasn't hungry, I would gag. I used to have to eat a meal as fast as I could so that I could get as much in as possible before my throat closed up. Then when my metabolism slowed down and I actually gained an appetite, I still ate the same way, but I never got full. So, I gained 20 pounds and had to relearn how and what to eat. Basically I am well versed in eating habits, so I have full confidence that I will manage to work my way around this little snag.

I have got to get out of the house. I feel like l am 80 discussing all of my medical problems and eating habits. I even used the word pocketbook the other day in a conversation with a delivery guy. The minute I said it, I had the sudden flash of what my life was going to look like when I am old and a shut in. I haven't blogged for days, because there isn't anything to blog about. I am supposed to be getting out of the house and increasing my stamina, so maybe something will happen in my journey and give me some material.

If not you are going to be subjected to a lecture on body pain in great detail. Here's rooting for my life to come back!

1 comment:

  1. I just know that everyone is interested in hearing about those two girls sliding across the floor with their shirts over their heads?
    You still have the bees in the apartment story also before you start telling old ladies
    stories.

    ReplyDelete