Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shameless Plea For Money

Well, I am at a place in my mono recovery where I have finally lived past my means. I have been extremely lucky and blessed to have gone over three months without working and not gone into debt. To the left of this page, you will notice I have added a PayPal donation button. I am more than willing to sing for my supper, as they say, and will offer any reasonable service for any reasonable amount. As Daniel, my acupuncturist, is actively trying to repair my liver, I will have to turn down any requests to eat or drink things unordinary.

I have offered up a few suggestions to start:

1. Ask me any question you want and I will give you an answer. I am not sure if it will actually be worth a whole dollar, but I didn't want to mess around with smaller amounts and rounded up from valued amount of $.05 to $1.00.

2. For $4.00, I can provide kitchen help. While I can't come over and do your dishes, I am actually a whiz at converting recipes, both in measurements and nutritional content. Cooking for one is tricky and scaling back seasonings and cooking oils with mathematical preciseness isn't as straightforward as you might think. Also, I have spent 2009 losing 20 pounds. Part of that process was changing my eating habits which meant modifying recipes to be less caloric and still taste good.

I am also willing to research recipes for you if you don't have the time. I know how easily it can be to get stuck in a rut. You want to find something new to cook, but finding and easy and delicious recipe that doesn't take all day and a dedicated shopping trip for ingredients is hard. I can find something by ingredient, theme, flavor or course. Family friendly, or more upscale I am sure I can find a new recipe that you will love. I would even be willing to help you disguise your leftovers into a new meal, but that, I cannot guarantee.

3. For $22, I will write a story for you on whatever subject you like. You can be the main character or someone else can. You could even name the villain if you prefer. If you can give me something to work with, I will give you a Shakes original.

As I am sure you may have guessed, these amounts were totally pulled out of my nether regions. The $1 was intentional, but I accidentally hit a 4 so added that to the list. Then, it just didn't look right without a third option and 2's seem to be popping up in my life a lot, so I added a $22 option. Please feel free to come up with any other ways you would like to see this monkey dance.

If you have something particularly awkward, you might want to wait a couple of weeks until desperation sets in and I can't say no.

So hit that donate button and email me at youmightaswellcallmejanedoe@gmail.com and tell me what I can do for you!

1 comment:

  1. You could put adds on your blog and earn money that way. Its only taken me like 2 years to finally earn $5.00 but as soon as I earn $10.00 they will send me that money. It depends on how many people click on the adds, but you never know?

    ReplyDelete